24 May 2012

baby bees and baby nephews

I am very excited about becoming an aunt for the first time in a couple months.  My only sister is having her first baby, another little boy! She decided that his room would be black and yellow with a bumblebee theme.  Hearing this, I started stocking up on yellow yarns and bee ideas.

Baby T, of course, got a hat:
and a little stuffed amigurumi bee to cuddle:


...and then, I add to make him a hot air balloon to fly above his changing table.  I made my first hot air balloon for my best friend's niece.  She told me what a great distraction it was for diaper changes.  Since then, my little guy has loved his, as has BFF's second niece.  While I made the balloon in the bee colors, the passenger is a black bunny.  My sister has a GIGANTIC black rabbit named Marvin and so I made a little tiny Marv for the balloon:
So those were the gifts, but I really enjoyed trying to get crafty with the party. Thank you, pinterest.
Little tiny bees flying over the flower plants, with bee patterned fabric covering the pots and scrapbooked signs welcoming the boy:
Of course there had to be some yummies, too.  I made oreo truffles with edible paper hearts (I love wilton sugar sheets). I made bee cakepops, displayed on the cake pop holder that my husband made for me at 11pm the night before the party.  What an improvement over the cardboard contraption that fell apart before I started using it.  N made some absolutely delicious cupcakes with brilliant yellow frosting.  J was commissioned to make the fondant covered cake with yellow and chocolate layers to look like bee stripes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

mini etsy