26 June 2010

vicarious shopping....budget pains

Macys Fashion Director: "

I love this outfit - check it out!"

well, its not that I exactly love it, its that I love the idea of a $1000 Macy's gift card, so I could for-real shop. And, actually, given the items to work with, I think I did a pretty decent job on the above. The itty-bitty, teeny-weeny, yellow polka dot bikini is great for its iconic status (and being bandeau for the most part. I am obsessed with bandeau bikinis since getting my first last year. No tan lines for whatever neckline shirt/dress you wear. greatness). The hat, despite bearing Jessica Simpson's name is pretty darn cute. And I covet a new (bigger) pair of seven's. Call them priced for the name, but they fit better than any other pair while making me look better than in any other pair. There is only one other pair of jeans I have ever owned that can compare....a 13 year old pair of A&F jeans that are so torn up, I really can't wear them. But they are so velvety soft and carry so many memories, I can't let them go.

Anyhow....cute marketing idea, Macy's. I had a lot of fun pretending I was a guest stylist on "How Do I Look?" while whiling away 20 useless minutes. And until the budgetary disaster is relieved, well, as D said: "We window shop. Oh Look how nice. I would love to buy it, but let's LOOK at it a while and pretend..."

ETA: Oh, If you click on the link above, you can vote for me. Or make your own weekend collection. There's the marketing part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

mini etsy